Thursday, October 15, 2015

Very few things in life improve with age. Stone walls and wine come to mind. Yesterday I stopped by to check out a stone wall and staircase I built many years ago :

It has changed owners but Alice, the most recent owner who bought the place in 2003 always wondered who did the stonework and was kind enough to let me take some pictures, since I hadn’t been back since I finished it all those years ago:

The lady I built it for pointed to a place in space and said she wanted a stone patio under the trees. It was on a very steep hill with no flat space so I had to build a ten foot tall retaining wall to create this flagstone patio:

If you can build a beautiful stone wall out of a pile of rocks, you can find work pretty much anywhere in the world I have found.

No comments:

Post a Comment